I got to watch this movie last night while I was trying to get myself to sleep. Instead, this kept me awake. The movie is made up of 5 different stories that depict love and desire, hence the movie’s title.
*Synopsis courtesy of Wikipedia
(Directed by Daniel H. Byun, stars Jang Hyuk)
- A man is attracted by the woman sitting across from him on a train ride to Busan. He gets off the train after her, even though it’s not his stop. He gets her phone number. A few days later the man plans to meet the woman for the second time.
I’m Right Here
(Directed by Hur Jin-ho, stars Kim Kang-woo and Cha Soo-yeon)
- Hye-rim waits for her husband, while hiding, to give him a surprise. Hyeon-woo always worries about his wife being left alone at home. But Hye-rim worries more about Hyeon-woo because he will be left alone soon.
The 33rd Man
(Directed by Yu Yeong-sik, stars Kim Su-ro, Bae Jong-ok and Kim Gyu-ri)
- On the set of a movie, newbie actress Mi-jin and senior actress Hwa-ran are having difficulties because of their stubborn and demanding director. The charismatic Hwa-ran transforms Mi-jin into a sexy vixen to seduce Director Bong.
In My End is My Beginning
(Directed by Min Kyu-dong, stars Hwang Jung-min, Uhm Jung-hwa and Kim Hyo-jin)
- Jeong-ha’s husband Jae-in has just died in a car accident. She then discovers that he was having an affair with her old high school friend Na-ru. Na-ru comes to Jeong-ha and asks to live with her, promising to atone through unconditional devotion.
Believe in the Moment
(Directed by Oh Ki-hwan, stars Song Joong-ki, Lee Si-young, Kim Dong-wook, Shin Se-kyeong, Jung Eui-chul and Lee Seong-min)
- Three couples are all high school students and close friends. None of the couples are certain about their relationships, so they decide to exchange partners for 24 hours.
After watching the movie, I have 2 stories that I personally liked. I’m Right Here is really touching since it will remind you to cherish the loved ones you have while they are still alive. Kim Kang-woo and Cha Soo-yeon really expressed full emotions as a couple that are spending the last few days together before the inevitable thing comes. Believe in the Moment is a typical cute story of young love, as they swap partners to test their trust with each other, as they are not allowed to say what they did during the swap. I must say Song Joong-ki, Lee Si-young and Kim Dong-wook are adorable in their roles. The other 3 stories are not bad but are too graphic or weird for my liking.
While searching about the movie, I learned that the episode In the End Is My Beginning got a movie spin-off of sorts which was released early this year.
Over-all the movie was well done, it showed how people can be entangled by love and desire and on how they cope up with it in their daily lives. All you need is love!